I reside in Washington, DC with my wonderful wife Adelle and my two sons Jacob and Mason (named for my grandfather). I also have a beautiful daughter named Alijah (Ahh LEE yah). I am a SUPER HUGE Philadelphia Eagles fan (I also like the Sixers and the MD Terps Basketball team)…I like to workout, eat good food, listen to great music and spend time with my family and friends. I love to jet ski, snow ski and travel as much as possible.
- I specialize in working with people as they plan for and start to live on some or all of their assets. I am a veteran financial professional, and I have spent over 15 years helping clients successfully navigate various market environments – including the tech wreck of 2000 and the housing crisis of 2008.
- I am a Retirement Income Planning Specialist, Chief Planning Strategist of Platinum Bridge Wealth Management; Financial Literacy Advocate and proponent of Financial Education.
- In my former role as VP – Senior Financial Consultant with a national brokerage firm, I was responsible for working with more than 340 clients and I managed more than $890 million dollars in client assets. I was ranked in the top 5% of over 1100 advisors throughout the country. I have helped hundreds of clients define, strategize and execute comprehensive plans for maintaining their desired standard of living as they transition from their main career.
- I launched Platinum Bridge Wealth Management to provide specialized services to help people ensure that their money lasts as long as they do.
- Board Member: Bright Beginnings – is a child and family development center that offers a bright start for homeless infants, toddlers and preschoolers and their families.
My background includes:
- Master of Business Administration – Georgetown University – The McDonough School of Business – with a focus on finance and investments.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ – Completed a rigorous, 2 year curriculum with a focus on retirement savings and income, investments, financial planning, tax planning, estate planning and risk management/insurance planning.
- Retirement Income Certified Professional®– Completed a comprehensive 18-month curriculum with a focus on all aspects of a person’s financial well being in retirement, including: devising and managing the retirement income plan; generating strong income in a low-interest rate environment; ensuring the longevity of assets in retirement; dealing with the 18 risks that people face in retirement; tax mitigation strategies; health and long-term care issues; Social Security and Medicare decisions; and estate and charitable giving issues.
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing – University of Maryland at College Park – Yes, I am a proud Terp!